Syria – Evaluation Report Writing Consultant – Syrian Arab Republic
COOPI is looking for a consulting firm to write an evaluation report in Syria
After 11 years of crisis, the food security situation in Syria has further deteriorated drastically with an estimated 14.2 million people in need (PiN) of some form of food and agricultural assistance. The protracted crisis in Syria has intensified needs over the past year due to a complex and deepening socio-economic crisis, the ripple effects of Covid-19 and significant losses in the food production. Today, 13.4 million people in Syria are in need of humanitarian assistance, with needs increasingly exacerbated by economic decline.
The main objective of the consultation is to provide a comprehensive needs assessment report that will be used for the design and implementation of future projects as well as to share with external stakeholders.
The consultant will work under the general direction and day-to-day supervision of the Head of Mission, in a team with the Program Manager and the Team Leader.
The evaluation report must include the main needs, gaps and vulnerabilities of the assessed population form primary and secondary data and must be linked to the main sectors of COOPI and the relevant activities of COOPI’s intervention in Syria:
- Food Security and Livelihoods
design and develop a comprehensive needs assessment report based on:
- Relevant available secondary data;
- Data collected by COOPI through FGDs and KIIs;
- Previous evaluation reports produced by COOPI.
The report must contain:
- General overview of the humanitarian context / summary of the documentary review by sector;
- Main results of the needs by location assessed – in particular protection and Food safety Needs;
- Impact of assessed population needs/gaps – especially iimpact on extra-vulnerable people (households headed by women, widows, elderly people, people with disabilities, etc.);
- Binding of the needs to potential future humanitarian interventions;
- concluding section;
- Appendix including analysis of data by assessed location.
- A minimum of three years experience and expertise to work directly in relevant humanitarian sectors – including cash/voucher-based assistance;
- Experience in conducting needs assessments/proposal writing;
- Experience in social science methods and data analysis;
- Excellent oral and written English skills (Arabic language an advantage);
- Strong MS Office and computer skills.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy before the closing date for applications, once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed once filled, thank you for your understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence on the ground, COOPI is committed to breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific needs. emergencies in many sectors, including food security, humanitarian assistance, health, socio-economic services, water and sanitation, human rights, education and training, migration and sustainable energy.
How to register
Please submit your CV and cover letter through our web portal at the following link – https://coopi.org/en/job-position.html?id=4594&view=2